Skip to main content

Google's USA Home Page, Democratic Debate Videos....and Becoming Fearless!


by Paula Neal Mooney

Today has been dubbed Fearless Friday by those of us blogging about Arianna Huffington's latest tome, On Becoming Fearless: ...in Love, Work, and Life.

Sure it would be apropos to blog about the debate last night, but seeing as though I haven't watched what I've TiVo'd yet, and have only found this blurb of a democratic debate video, I'll hold off.

I only rolled my eyes as I caught Barack Obama droning on with the same tired "between a woman and her doctor" schtick, a litany shared by others within my earshot, so I vowed to watch it later.

Fearlessly Get Your Posts on the First Page of Google's Search Results
I'll blog instead about fearlessly doing what I love -- writing and consistently driving up my traffic by landing on Google's USA home page, or, more specifically, Google's search-engine results pages (SERPs) -- so I thought I'd pass on my fearless tips to my blogging readers who aim to do the same.

1 - The URL is the main thing
This debate will rage on, but lately webheads have been debating whether or not having keywords in your URL are becoming more important in Google search-results rankings.

I think this is true. For example, my last couple of posts about Robin Thicke have both landed on Google's first search-results page for those folks typing in "Robin Thicke Oprah," or a variation of those words.

2 - Get to the front of Google SERPs on popular topics, too
What about popular topics that already have a gazillion search results pages already? You can still try to get your blog post to the front of the fray!

Take the time to search on popular topics until you see "Blog Posts About" pop up at the bottom of Google's SERPs for that topic, as picture here.

Once you find that topic, post on it and ping Google's Blog Search ping service and voila! Your blog post just might show up there like mine did on my post about our new planet.

That's it!

Try these tips and let me know if your search-engine traffic goes up.

I'm off to go fearlessly build muscles now. I'm lovin' the way the cardio-free diet (also on Google's first SERPs page for "cardio free diet") has inspired me to get my gluteus maximus in the gym three days a week now.

And it's amazing how focusing on strength-training has changed my shape for the better in only a couple of weeks.

I love watching my deltoids tone up in the mirror.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW, I STILL HAVE ALOT TO LEARN,THIS LANGUAGE IS SO FOREIGN TO ME, I HAVE AHRD TIME COMPREHENDING, DO YOU THINK YOU CAN WALK ME THROUGH SOME OF THIS? I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET THE WORD OUT THERE OF WHAT I AM DOING FOR THE YOUTH. LET ME KNOW YOU GIVE SUCH AWESEOME INFORMATION PAULA.
Glen said…
Keywords in your URL can help but when it comes down to it quality content and buzzworthy content is what attract the search engines to come to crawl a blog consistently.
Paris David said…
Hey Kimberly, SweetGyrl!

Yes, I try not to use too much techie talk without explaining myself.

But sure, I can walk you thru whatever you need to know.

By "keywords in the URL," I mean, for example, how I named my previous post Robin Thicke's Race? Wife? Lyrics? Dad? Hot, hot, hot and still hot! -- those all are keywords that I knew folks would search for.

So anyone who searches on variations of those in Google will get my post in the first SERPs (search-engine results pages).

Make sense? Let me know your exact questions and we'll email chat...

Yes, GJL - I forgot to mention that quality content is also key!
Unknown said…
Wow Paula thank u so much, I am going to start doing that, I am also going to read how you made 5,000 for free!! I so love your blog....
Unknown said…
That's great info, Paula! I've been trying to figure out how to get inside Google's Blog Listing. I'll look for the ping and give it a try!
Anonymous said…
Great tips Paula. I think I might have to try your approach. It's obviously paying dividends. I might not be fearless enough though ;)
Anonymous said…
When it comes to ranking the keyword in the url will creat some relevance, also the keyword in the title is relevant as well, most important though is anchor text (keyword in anchor text).

Popular posts from this blog

Paula's List of Blogger Salaries...Are you on the list?

Update: For those who continue to enjoy this post, check out my website about 50 real online people making more than $50k per year , and my page where I update my online salary . UPDATE: Before you read any further or especially link to this old list, please check out "Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007" by clicking here! ~ Thanks, PAULA NEAL MOONEY by Paula Neal Mooney One of my favorite features in Parade magazine is the issue where they grab a random sampling of people and report their incomes -- from the millionaires to the working poor. Since I'm fascinated with how much money bloggers and webmasters are making nowadays, I've created a similar list -- a random sampling of people making money on the net. Who's on Paula's List of Blogger and Webmaster Salaries? I spent hours and hours scouring the internet for the last-reporte

Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007

FIND OUT HOW MUCH BLOGGERS REALLY MAKE ONLINE -- CHECK OUT THIS NEW WEBSITE ABOUT MONEY-MAKING ONLINE CALLED 50 OVER $50K... by Paula Neal Mooney The time has come. The time is now. Paula N. Mooney will you please publish that list now?! (Yes, I fancy Dr. Seuss' iambic pentameter.) My WebMaster blest me with a viral post called "Paula's List of Blogger Salaries," and the response was so wonderful, here lies an update. It's bigger and better than ever before with more pics, and double the amount of bloggers, webmasters, domainers, affiliate marketers (or a smidgen of some or all of those titles) and their reported incomes. How Much Do You Make? Money is funny. The abundance of it, the lack of it, the subject of cash in general gets attention. While some invoke their choice not to post their online income nor discuss it at all, I've always been of the Suze Orman mindset ever since I read her first book. Suze encourages people to talk ab

Digg.com's Autobury Secret Blacklist...Are you still being banned by automatic burying?

UPDATE: PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO DIGG THIS STORY AND TELL DIGG TO PLAY FAIR... by Paula Neal Mooney Many of us know the power of Digg.com, dreamed up by Kevin Rose, who touted it as a "user driven" site that says it allows the general public to determine the stories they want to see make it to the front page by voting for interesting articles they find across the web. The more votes the public gives an article, the better chance it should have to make it to the front page. Theoretically... The power of Digg's front page Digg.com -- according to Alexa -- is now more popular than The New York Times. Getting one of your articles or blog posts to the front page of Digg.com will get your website seen by plenty of eyes. John Chow experienced a one-day traffic record of 55,856 page views when one of his posts hit the front page of Digg. Digg Bans Domains...then Supposedly Unbans Them One day, Digg banned me -- I'm still not clear why. I found out they banned a whole bun