by Paula Neal Mooney
Wow, now here's a blog!
The second person to respond to my yearnings for some link love was Jason Neuman.
Author of Ja Kel Daily, Jason sent me this link from his blog to mine.
Even though Jason didn't tell me what he loves or hates about my blog -- hint, hint -- I still reviewed his:
There are so many things I love about Ja Kel Daily that I could turn into a fan stalker:
* I love when guys author blogs with their wives, and don't pretend to be single whilst on the hunt for chicks on the web
* And this pic of Jason with his British wife Kelly is a serious winner...
* ...'cause I'm a hot car freak and love this Ferrari pic -- even if it is a rental. (A convertible champagne-colored Jaguar XK8 used to be my dream car.)
* Ja Kel Daily looks just like John Chow's blog, and they've got a cool set-up, with Jason's full byline and his Google Adsense wrapped nicely around his posts.
He's even got his Google Adsense flushed in nicely on his Feedburner feed.
Please, Jason, tell me how you did that!
* And I LOVE that Jason doesn't write solely techie issues, but has unique posts about kissing and gaining blog comments and fatherhood all mixed together, which you can easily see on his "Recent Posts" sidebar
* Ja Kel Daily also has a lovely and meditative header pic
* And the writing is wonderful, something you don't always see on techie-type blogs
The non-stalking stuff:
The only drawback is no email sign-up box.
When I click on his orange button and try to subscribe via Feedburner thru email, I don't get that option.
This might be intentional, 'cause I've seen it on other blogs, but I don't know why folks wouldn't want readers to subscribe via email.
This can be easily fixed by logging on to FeedBurner (burn a new feed, my blogging readers, if you don't have one), then select your feed and click on the Publicize tab.
Click on Email Subscriptions box on the left-hand side.
I recommend all bloggers should add the email code to their blogs.
Also, go to the bottom and if this service is inactive, activate it and make sure it saves!
Under the Optimize tab, you can also choose the Browser Friendly box on the left and select More Subscription options.
Choose all the ones you can, and it should also say you've already selected the email option.
Rock on, Jason and Kelly
I love this blog.
I added Ja Kel Daily via Google Reader and hope to keep up with it.
It's new, only a month old, but I don't think we've heard the last of this blogging couple.
Wanna make $7.50 to blog about this post?
Click this image to sign up with PayPerPost and check out their Review My Post program:
Subscribe to Paula Mooney by Email
Bookmark http://www.paulamooney.blogspot.com/ or
Technorati fav me, please!
Tags: link ,love ,exchange ,blog ,review