Skip to main content

Duke Rape Accuser Gives Birth to a Baby Girl...


Duke Rape Accuser Gives Birth to a Baby Girl... and Adds a Whole New Twist to a Case that has Rocked the Nation by Paula Neal Mooney

Here's the thing about the Duke rape case accuser reportedly giving birth to a baby girl tonight: It only serves to add more suspicion to a rape case that looks like it's falling apart.

According to the "Duke 3" defense attorneys, DNA found on the woman hired as a stripper that night belonged to several males -- none of them the Duke lacrosse team trio on trial.

And now the Duke rape accuser has given birth to a new baby girl exactly nine months to the day that she told police she was raped.

As a black woman, I feel this pressure across the nation to side with her, but just like I refused to believe that O.J. Simpson was innocent of murder, I refuse to believe that these Duke boys are guilty of rape. Guilty of hiring a stripper, yes, something they probably might not do again.

The whole thing smacks of ugly, icky racial and socioeconomic stuff that makes me feel some unseen pressure to side with all those blacks that were marching in the street after this Duke rape case broke.

I won't do it. Not unless the defense attorneys are way off and they come up with something that shows these Duke lacrosse team members had anything concrete to do with raping this woman, I won't do it.
I refused to believe O.J. was innocent like some black people (not by far, all) who cheered during the verdict. I refuse to punch the straight Democratic ticket because that's what's expected of my skin color. And I refuse to put my efforts behind some convoluted plan to stick it to the white man.

I'm judging the facts as they are presented. I have the utmost compassion and heartfelt empathy for women who truly suffer horrific rapes, that's why any hint of a false rape accusation gets my ire going.

This does not, however, give license to people to just go off and leave kooky comments about how "women ask for it" or "use sympathy to get what they want" and junk like that. Rape is wrong. Rape is horrible. But so is bearing false witness, and if that's what we're looking at, I pray the Duke rape accuser who just had a baby girl truly turns her life around in Christ's Arms. And I pray the accused Duke trio is fully exonerated.

Read article about Duke rape accuser having a baby here, and bookmark http://www.paulamooney.blogspot.com/ for more of my ire.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

Paris David said…
Just checking to see if the Blogger Beta comment section is working.

My friend Bonnie over at Bonnie Writes e-mailed me at 11:33:47 p.m. last night (we're both Eastern Time Zone night owls, apparently) to say the following, so email me at cpmooney@aol.com and I'll post any comments you guys can't get thru. Thanks!

Here's Bonnie's email:
Hi Paula,

I've been trying to comment on your blog for several days. Blogger Beta won't let me long it (it's doing that with several other of my friends turned Beta also....I even tried to trick it and comment anonymously and put my name in the comment...no dice :-(

Phil 4:13
Bonnie Calhoun

Come see me at:
http://bonniescalhoun.blogspot.com - Bonnie Writes
http://christianfictionblogalliance.com - Christian Fiction Blog Alliance website
http://christianfictionblogalliance.blogspot.com - CFBA Blog
Anonymous said…
I guess the real question is if Nifong is going to force the entire DUke or NCCU football team into giving DNA samples to find out who's the father.

I'd hate to be the luck bastard who's tenacious sperm made it through all that soup

Popular posts from this blog

Paula's List of Blogger Salaries...Are you on the list?

Update: For those who continue to enjoy this post, check out my website about 50 real online people making more than $50k per year , and my page where I update my online salary . UPDATE: Before you read any further or especially link to this old list, please check out "Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007" by clicking here! ~ Thanks, PAULA NEAL MOONEY by Paula Neal Mooney One of my favorite features in Parade magazine is the issue where they grab a random sampling of people and report their incomes -- from the millionaires to the working poor. Since I'm fascinated with how much money bloggers and webmasters are making nowadays, I've created a similar list -- a random sampling of people making money on the net. Who's on Paula's List of Blogger and Webmaster Salaries? I spent hours and hours scouring the internet for the last-reporte

Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007

FIND OUT HOW MUCH BLOGGERS REALLY MAKE ONLINE -- CHECK OUT THIS NEW WEBSITE ABOUT MONEY-MAKING ONLINE CALLED 50 OVER $50K... by Paula Neal Mooney The time has come. The time is now. Paula N. Mooney will you please publish that list now?! (Yes, I fancy Dr. Seuss' iambic pentameter.) My WebMaster blest me with a viral post called "Paula's List of Blogger Salaries," and the response was so wonderful, here lies an update. It's bigger and better than ever before with more pics, and double the amount of bloggers, webmasters, domainers, affiliate marketers (or a smidgen of some or all of those titles) and their reported incomes. How Much Do You Make? Money is funny. The abundance of it, the lack of it, the subject of cash in general gets attention. While some invoke their choice not to post their online income nor discuss it at all, I've always been of the Suze Orman mindset ever since I read her first book. Suze encourages people to talk ab

Digg.com's Autobury Secret Blacklist...Are you still being banned by automatic burying?

UPDATE: PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO DIGG THIS STORY AND TELL DIGG TO PLAY FAIR... by Paula Neal Mooney Many of us know the power of Digg.com, dreamed up by Kevin Rose, who touted it as a "user driven" site that says it allows the general public to determine the stories they want to see make it to the front page by voting for interesting articles they find across the web. The more votes the public gives an article, the better chance it should have to make it to the front page. Theoretically... The power of Digg's front page Digg.com -- according to Alexa -- is now more popular than The New York Times. Getting one of your articles or blog posts to the front page of Digg.com will get your website seen by plenty of eyes. John Chow experienced a one-day traffic record of 55,856 page views when one of his posts hit the front page of Digg. Digg Bans Domains...then Supposedly Unbans Them One day, Digg banned me -- I'm still not clear why. I found out they banned a whole bun