Skip to main content

Beyonce Refuses to Rush Jay-Z into Marriage and Fatherhood...

by Paula Neal Mooney

Beyonce was interviewed in the January 2007 issue of InStyle magazine -- thanks for the heads-up PopSugar.com! Love you guys even though you never responded to my interview requests :-( -- and had some interesting read-between-the-lines quotes about marriage, motherhood and Jay-Z.

But more about that later.

The thing that stuck with me was Beyonce's response to the weirdest thing in her fridge: "These little Soy Dream ice-cream sandwiches," Beyonce quipped, saying that the Soy Dream ice-cream sandwiches were "so good, I eat one every night."

Hmmm...my little blogging mind thought...the way folks are lining up ordering the Master Cleanser diet fast that helped Beyonce shed 20 pounds for Dreamgirls (which I STILL want to undertake as soon as the new year comes), I'm sure they'll be chomping at the bit (literally) to find these Soy Dream ice-cream sandwiches.

No easy feat, turns out.

Googling "Soy Dream Ice Cream Sandwiches" didn't get me far, till I came across this Taste the Dream site that shows the Soy Dream Ice Cream sandwiches and other products.

Looks like they don't sell the Soy Dream Ice Sandwiches and other products directly from the site, but they do have a store locator that lets folks type in their zip code and try and find any Soy Dream products at local health food stores.

No luck for the old 44313.

But I bet my local Mustard Seed Mart has the Soy Dream stuff. I'm really going to make a change in the way I eat in 2007 -- with a whole lotta Holy Spirit help.

I'm embarrassed to write that I chowed down not only on a whole little bag of KitKats last night as we watched the new excellent Charlotte's Web movie - go take your family! -- but I came home and ate even more of Cold Stone Creamery's version of German Chocolate Cake ice cream.
I need a junk food break.

I will eat healthier.

At least these Soy Dream Ice Cream sandwiches look like they are good for folks who can't take dairy. Let me know Soy Dream Ice Cream eaters!

So, about Beyonce and marriage and motherhood.

When the InStyle reporter showed Beyonce a wedding photo to get to the bottom of wedding rumors between Beyonce and Jay-Z, Beyonce said: “It looks like a nice wedding – and very expensive. Unfortunately, it’s not true.”


No wonder Ring the Alarm from the best-selling B'day is so raw and real.

No wonder the Irreplaceable song is just about every teeny-bopper's (and then some's) ringtone.

I love that song too.

It shows a bold, strong-facade producing hurt.

"You must not know 'bout me, you must not know 'bout me...I can have another you in a minute..."

Maybe that's what Beyonce needs to do, seeing as though her last quote provided the most insight and wisdom and perhaps sadness about who might have the coldest marital feet in the relationship:

“You can’t rush a man into anything -- whether it’s a relationship, marriage or having children. When he’s ready he’ll let you know,” Beyonce said.

Bookmark http://www.paulamooney.blogspot.com/ and check out my news report about Beyonce here...

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Paris David said…
Email I received:

Hi Paula!

I really enjoyed reading your article about Beyonce refusing to rush Jay-Z into marriage and fatherhood, particularly the whole part about the Soy Dream ice cream sandwiches she likes so much. You asked Soy Dream ice cream sandwich eaters to let you know what you think, so I wanted to add my voice to the mountain of responses I'm sure you are receiving.

As a longtime eater of dairy-free products (I am both lactose-intolerant and vegan), and author of several books on eating more healthfully (So, Now What Do I Eat? and The Complete Guide to Vegetarian Convenience Foods), I have tasted just about every dairy-free ice cream sandwich out there, and I can tell you without a doubt, that one particular brand stands far above the rest. (And I wish Beyonce knew this, because I know she would LOVE them!) The taste of Turtle Mountain's So Delicious Li'L Buddies Sandwiches beat Soy Cream and Tofutti brand sandwiches hands down. And if you're concerned about health, unlike Soy Dream, the So Delicious ice cream sandwiches do not contain any trans-fats (partially hydrogenated oils). They're also lower in fat and come in not just vanilla and chocolate, but also mint and peanut butter flavors! While these sandwiches are bigger than the Soy Dream and Tofutti sandwiches, I just learned that Turtle Mountain is coming out with a smaller sandwich which will be the same serving size as Soy Dream, but will have half the fat! (Really good news for people like me, who have to watch their fat intake, or else it shows up on their waistlines pretty fast!)

Anyway, that's my two cents on the whole soy ice cream sandwich thing. I hope you will check out the So Delicious ones, because they really are THAT good, and I know you will love them. You can download coupons from their website at: http://www.turtlemountain.com

Please let me know if there is anything else I can tell you about these sandwiches or any other healthy, delicious, dairy-free foods.

Sincerely yours,

Gail Davis
http://www.vegsource.com/davis
Anonymous said…
looks like he was ready cause as of 05/04/08 they are happily married. gob bless yall!

Popular posts from this blog

Paula's List of Blogger Salaries...Are you on the list?

Update: For those who continue to enjoy this post, check out my website about 50 real online people making more than $50k per year , and my page where I update my online salary . UPDATE: Before you read any further or especially link to this old list, please check out "Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007" by clicking here! ~ Thanks, PAULA NEAL MOONEY by Paula Neal Mooney One of my favorite features in Parade magazine is the issue where they grab a random sampling of people and report their incomes -- from the millionaires to the working poor. Since I'm fascinated with how much money bloggers and webmasters are making nowadays, I've created a similar list -- a random sampling of people making money on the net. Who's on Paula's List of Blogger and Webmaster Salaries? I spent hours and hours scouring the internet for the last-reporte

Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007

FIND OUT HOW MUCH BLOGGERS REALLY MAKE ONLINE -- CHECK OUT THIS NEW WEBSITE ABOUT MONEY-MAKING ONLINE CALLED 50 OVER $50K... by Paula Neal Mooney The time has come. The time is now. Paula N. Mooney will you please publish that list now?! (Yes, I fancy Dr. Seuss' iambic pentameter.) My WebMaster blest me with a viral post called "Paula's List of Blogger Salaries," and the response was so wonderful, here lies an update. It's bigger and better than ever before with more pics, and double the amount of bloggers, webmasters, domainers, affiliate marketers (or a smidgen of some or all of those titles) and their reported incomes. How Much Do You Make? Money is funny. The abundance of it, the lack of it, the subject of cash in general gets attention. While some invoke their choice not to post their online income nor discuss it at all, I've always been of the Suze Orman mindset ever since I read her first book. Suze encourages people to talk ab

Digg.com's Autobury Secret Blacklist...Are you still being banned by automatic burying?

UPDATE: PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO DIGG THIS STORY AND TELL DIGG TO PLAY FAIR... by Paula Neal Mooney Many of us know the power of Digg.com, dreamed up by Kevin Rose, who touted it as a "user driven" site that says it allows the general public to determine the stories they want to see make it to the front page by voting for interesting articles they find across the web. The more votes the public gives an article, the better chance it should have to make it to the front page. Theoretically... The power of Digg's front page Digg.com -- according to Alexa -- is now more popular than The New York Times. Getting one of your articles or blog posts to the front page of Digg.com will get your website seen by plenty of eyes. John Chow experienced a one-day traffic record of 55,856 page views when one of his posts hit the front page of Digg. Digg Bans Domains...then Supposedly Unbans Them One day, Digg banned me -- I'm still not clear why. I found out they banned a whole bun