Skip to main content

How I made $993.76 from Examiner.com last month, February 2010

▷▷▷▷▷▷▷Correction: Examiner.com paid me $1,212.76 for February 2010 writing online earnings - Renegade ways to get traffic hits online | PAULA NEAL MOONEY

Frederick Douglass (1817-
Today being March 1, 2010, it was a good day to shore up accounts and see what I can expect to come in from Examiner.com soon.



Apply to Write for Examiner.com here now...


Turns out the month of February 2010 brought in a combined $993.76 across my three Examiner.com pages:

The National Christian TV Examiner.com page...

The National Christian Music Examiner.com page...

The Cleveland Pop Culture Examiner.com page...

What's even more interesting it the break-down of the Top 10 most-viewed articles across my Examiner.com pages, as copied below from my Google Analytics info.

As you can see, Super Bowl was a boon to me and plenty of other online writers, no doubt.

Though I've pulled back from writing like a madwoman this year, Super Bowl Sunday did find me putting up a lot of articles and taking advantage of the fact that people just love watching commercials on TV. Thusly, my Christian TV Examiner.com page brought in around $500 of the monthly Examiner.com income, and the Cleveland Pop Culture was responsible for bringing in the other approximately $500 to make up the total. (The music page only brought in 8 bucks for the month.)

So the $993.76 from Examiner is still a great addition to the $756 that Google Adsense brought in across the personal websites that I have Adsense loaded on -- though I haven't written a ton of stuff on those either, save for tracking scams and warning folks on PaulaNealMooney.com.

With Examiner, it seems like it's not necessarily as easy to get those sweet Google News spots that were easy to gain back in September 2009 when I first joined, but hitting a good topic (with a nice long video for folks to watch) and good timing and favor from the Lord can find some great pageviews sometimes.

You never know what's going to really hit with readers. Who knew that writing an article about a Doritos commercial would end up being my most-viewed post last month?

















Post Title Pageviews Uniques Time on Page
1  Doritos Super Bowl commercial video with little boy slapping his black single mom's date          19,548          16,594 0:02:38
2  Tim Tebow Super Bowl commercial ad: Watch YouTube video here, which doesn't say abortion or pro-life          17,176          15,187 0:03:20
3  Oprah, Leno, Letterman Super Bowl commercial YouTube.com video surprises viewers          16,703          15,376 0:02:04
4  LeBron James 2010 Super Bowl commercial (full YouTube.com video) with Dwight Howard            4,557            4,172 0:02:56
5  Drew Brees: 'God is great' YouTube.com video, plus one of Brees talking about accepting Jesus Christ            4,455            3,988 0:02:53
6  Pregnant Keyshia Cole rushed to Cleveland Clinic for 'false alarm'            2,046            1,828 0:01:53
7  No 'I Can Do Bad All by Myself' movie soundtrack: Tyler Perry says only individual songs for sale            1,499            1,350 0:03:23
8  Michael Oher's 'The Blind Side' true story in 20/20 videos: Why some blacks won't see movie            1,448            1,353 0:03:08
9  Jay-Z's "Jesus can't save you, life starts when the church ends" lyrics bring questions from fans            1,444            1,357 0:06:41
10  Dr. Oz show: Watch new Dr. Oz show videos after season premiere September 14, 2009            1,310            1,159 0:01:55



















































































































Apply to Write for Examiner.com here now...

Comments

Admin said…
I never heard about examiner.com..
congratulation..I can learn from you.

http://www.mgleizer.net
Eric said…
Congratulations!

I hope to earn that kind of income from my sites one day.
Unknown said…
Wow! That's really awesome to hear! I've often wondered what kind of money people are making writing for the Examiner. Thank you for being so transparent with us about your earnings! :)
Payablesmg.com said…
Paula:

Is there a way to do key word searches within a state? In other words is there a way to see what key words people are interested in within the state of Arizona?

Thanks for all your help. Gil
Unknown said…
Blogging involves writing, (and writing, and writing, ...). Right? Well for me, writing is not something that I (personally) can do without a great deal of concentration, contemplation, and revision. Despite having been born here in the U.S.A., where english is (supposed to be) our primary language, I learned very little, unfortunately, about how to express ideas of any significance in english. Therefore, I can greatly appreciate the candor on the part of bloggers who feel free and open enough to share the events of their lives with their readers. Through their openness, I am beginning to get a clearer general idea of what life as a writer might involve.
I'm a little confused because I also write for Examiner.com and the pay schedule is handled in such a way that we will not receive payment until the 20th of March for the month of February.

Perhaps you are basing this on your stat counter for the "last month." Whatever the case it seems only fair to let people know the facts about how Examiner.com pays.

It is somewhat unusual for a person to make almost $1,000 a month and as a fellow Christian it seems misleading to make it appear to be the norm.

That would require getting nearly 100,000 hits or something close to that with the algorithm they use. By anyone's standards that is a lot of readers.

While I am sure it is possible to make more money then I am currently earning the "average" person writing for Examiner.com will not see this kind of revenue.

My two columns are well read but if I earn the $25 cap required to receive payment I've had a good month.

Perhaps you could write a post that further explains how you are doing this. Many of us are struggling there and would like to earn more.
Paris David said…
Hi Melinda -

Yes, we just got paid our February 2010 monies from Examiner.com on Saturday, March 20, 2010.

And thank the Most High God, I actually received more than I anticipated. (Writing a post on that soon to correct this one.)

But before the money came in, I just went to all of my channels and selected the "Current Month" drop down tab to figure out how much to expect.

Plus, I'm about to write a post about the "renegade" ways I get traffic, so hope it helps.
Paris David said…
Gil at Payablesmg.com -

I don't really know of a way to find keyword searches within a state.

When I'm looking for what's going on in Cleveland or just Ohio in general, I'll type in the city name or state name in Google News and sort by latest date.

I don't think SEOBook.com's keyword tool nor Google Adwords Keyword Tool has this capability, but I could be wrong.
Funride said…
Unfortunately Examiners must live in the USA or Canada :(

It really looks like a great platform for writers ;)

Take care,
Ricardo
http://hubpages.com/_funride/profile/funride

Popular posts from this blog

Paula's List of Blogger Salaries...Are you on the list?

Update: For those who continue to enjoy this post, check out my website about 50 real online people making more than $50k per year , and my page where I update my online salary . UPDATE: Before you read any further or especially link to this old list, please check out "Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007" by clicking here! ~ Thanks, PAULA NEAL MOONEY by Paula Neal Mooney One of my favorite features in Parade magazine is the issue where they grab a random sampling of people and report their incomes -- from the millionaires to the working poor. Since I'm fascinated with how much money bloggers and webmasters are making nowadays, I've created a similar list -- a random sampling of people making money on the net. Who's on Paula's List of Blogger and Webmaster Salaries? I spent hours and hours scouring the internet for the last-reporte

Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007

FIND OUT HOW MUCH BLOGGERS REALLY MAKE ONLINE -- CHECK OUT THIS NEW WEBSITE ABOUT MONEY-MAKING ONLINE CALLED 50 OVER $50K... by Paula Neal Mooney The time has come. The time is now. Paula N. Mooney will you please publish that list now?! (Yes, I fancy Dr. Seuss' iambic pentameter.) My WebMaster blest me with a viral post called "Paula's List of Blogger Salaries," and the response was so wonderful, here lies an update. It's bigger and better than ever before with more pics, and double the amount of bloggers, webmasters, domainers, affiliate marketers (or a smidgen of some or all of those titles) and their reported incomes. How Much Do You Make? Money is funny. The abundance of it, the lack of it, the subject of cash in general gets attention. While some invoke their choice not to post their online income nor discuss it at all, I've always been of the Suze Orman mindset ever since I read her first book. Suze encourages people to talk ab

Digg.com's Autobury Secret Blacklist...Are you still being banned by automatic burying?

UPDATE: PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO DIGG THIS STORY AND TELL DIGG TO PLAY FAIR... by Paula Neal Mooney Many of us know the power of Digg.com, dreamed up by Kevin Rose, who touted it as a "user driven" site that says it allows the general public to determine the stories they want to see make it to the front page by voting for interesting articles they find across the web. The more votes the public gives an article, the better chance it should have to make it to the front page. Theoretically... The power of Digg's front page Digg.com -- according to Alexa -- is now more popular than The New York Times. Getting one of your articles or blog posts to the front page of Digg.com will get your website seen by plenty of eyes. John Chow experienced a one-day traffic record of 55,856 page views when one of his posts hit the front page of Digg. Digg Bans Domains...then Supposedly Unbans Them One day, Digg banned me -- I'm still not clear why. I found out they banned a whole bun