Hello, I'm Paula Mooney

Check out my latest articles

Monday, June 29, 2009

Watch out for .MP and .CC virus website links on Twitter...


Watch out for .MP and .CC virus website links on Twitter...




I have a GreaseMonkey script that shows me what people are tweeting on Twitter when I search for that term right on Google. That's how I noticed a lot of .mp and .cc domain names tweeting about current google trends with a link that I was poised to click on till something in my gut -- thank You, God! -- told me not to click on.


So I researched "mp and cc domains on Twitter" and found a Mashable post warning people of just that: Scammers and phishers are using a lot of .mp and .cc websites to post links to malware sites.


Don't click on em!

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Nice post but to keep your PC free from computer infection you need to have a virus removal program that can protect against malware, spyware and other types of virus.

Paula Neal Mooney