Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Increase Search Engine Traffic: Use Compete to Find out Popular Search Terms...



Increase Search Engine Traffic by Using Compete


This site called Compete is pretty interesting to snoop on a website's popular search terms.

When you register, they'll give you 5 free credits to poke thru various websites and show you their first couple of most popular search terms free.

Here's a graph of a few sites I typed in:


Then, I used my credits to find out some popular keywords for one of the sites like: bossip, amy winehouse, bossip.com, tracey edmonds, lauren london, hip hop gossip, etc.

Pretty interesting tool.

Find a popular topic and build a post around it -- it may bring your related site traffic, too.

2 comments:

beth in greensboro said...

Compete as alot of the analytics companies scare me. I often wonder how exactly they're going to use the data. I'd rather stay away.

Amr amer abd el aziz said...

We all seek making money online and here is a usful and easy way is think it could help with that.
Make money by streaming music
thank you very much for your post

Paula Neal Mooney