Skip to main content

John Chow Visited my Blog!

by Paula Neal Mooney

Yesterday I left a comment on John Chow's blog at John Chow dot Com, and whilst in the comment approval process no doubt, John Chow stopped over a my blog!

I was so ecstatic that I saved a screenshot as proof. I had barely heard of him till Mario Walker led me to John's biggest Google Whores post.

If you don't know who John Chow is, let me explain. Dubbed a "dot com mogul," John Chow is a rising superstar in the world of blogging for the love of it (and the bucks have followed) and much more.

Here are ten great things about John Chow's blog:

1 - John Chow just monetized his blog back in September, and five short months later he's making good money.

He actually breaks down for his readers exactly how he makes money in popular monthly recaps. Here's how he made $3,440.66 in January 2007.

2 - Chow's daily pageviews numbers are great, plus he's got close to 2,500 subscribers as of this writing.

3 - But even with all that activity -- perhaps the reason why he has all that activity -- John responds to his comments and is active with his readers.

4 - His blog is clean with an uncluttered look. I could learn a thing or two there...

5 - He writes clean, too -- in a nice and simple straight-forward language that escapes plenty of other techies that post unclear tips in techno-speak.

6 - John's got cool tabs at the top of his site that organize his posts into helpful categories. In these posts you can learn that he's always tweaking his format and revenue streams to see what works best.

7 - The race car pics in the header. Come on!

Those just speak to dot com moguls around the world. Even my 5-year-old son loved them.

8 - He's got WordPress plugins up the wazoo. Want one of those "notify me of follow-up comments" check boxes? Read this post.

This tip of course, will only help me when I actually start playing around with the PaulaMooney.net that Mario set up for me.

9 - Like me, John Chow was also Banned from Digg.com -- I feel united in some sort of we're-doing-better-since-they-banned-us club. (I see he's still banned 'cause I just tried to Digg one of his latest posts.)



10 - He's my new guru. We all need a dot com mogul to show us the way. I will follow you. Just call me Daniel-san...


Subscribe to Paula Mooney by Email

Paula Mooney's Musings

Bookmark http://www.paulamooney.blogspot.com/ or
Add me to Technorati FavoritesTechnorati fav me, please!


Get Chitika eMiniMalls

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey. Thanks for the post and kind comments! You're going to give me a big head! :)
Anonymous said…
Yeah, I have got to check him out. I read about him over on Problogger and made a mental note then to find out more. Thanks for reminding me. He's obviously one to follow.
Martin Lindsey said…
Why were you guys banned from Digg? I just signed up with them last night. Didn't know you could get booted from a community. Gee, I wanna be like you and John, LOL
Paris David said…
Wow! John Chow came back!

Guess those Google alerts on your name must be working. Or, Technorati link checkage...

Yes, Laura. Check out John's site. I'm learning a lot.

And Martin, here's my whole wonderful story behind why Digg banned me. It reminds me of when Joseph told his brothers that what they meant for harm, God intended for good!
Anonymous said…
Wow....you have a lots of good positive talking points about John. Great simple points you raised...Made me realize that his blog is such a great readable blog by everyone. Yours as well....
Paris David said…
Thanks, Zaki, for your kind comments.

And yay! John Chow just linked to me thru his "review my blog and win a free link" deal.

Check it out everybody! JohnChow.com is ranked close to 300 right now on Tecnorati!

You'd better click on the review batch #23 below link for details.

Yes, John's blog is very readable and lots of folks can relate to him.
ilker said…
Yeah John is all over the blog.. He dropped by mine as well. I bet he has several guys that read blogs and summarize them for him! =)
Paris David said…
Yeah, I read that Darren Rowse reads 666 blogs a day!

Whew!
Unknown said…
I thought the same at first about the sport car photos in chow's header, but after reading his blog I do believe he probably owns some. Just maybe not those particular two.

Popular posts from this blog

Paula's List of Blogger Salaries...Are you on the list?

Update: For those who continue to enjoy this post, check out my website about 50 real online people making more than $50k per year , and my page where I update my online salary . UPDATE: Before you read any further or especially link to this old list, please check out "Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007" by clicking here! ~ Thanks, PAULA NEAL MOONEY by Paula Neal Mooney One of my favorite features in Parade magazine is the issue where they grab a random sampling of people and report their incomes -- from the millionaires to the working poor. Since I'm fascinated with how much money bloggers and webmasters are making nowadays, I've created a similar list -- a random sampling of people making money on the net. Who's on Paula's List of Blogger and Webmaster Salaries? I spent hours and hours scouring the internet for the last-reporte

Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007

FIND OUT HOW MUCH BLOGGERS REALLY MAKE ONLINE -- CHECK OUT THIS NEW WEBSITE ABOUT MONEY-MAKING ONLINE CALLED 50 OVER $50K... by Paula Neal Mooney The time has come. The time is now. Paula N. Mooney will you please publish that list now?! (Yes, I fancy Dr. Seuss' iambic pentameter.) My WebMaster blest me with a viral post called "Paula's List of Blogger Salaries," and the response was so wonderful, here lies an update. It's bigger and better than ever before with more pics, and double the amount of bloggers, webmasters, domainers, affiliate marketers (or a smidgen of some or all of those titles) and their reported incomes. How Much Do You Make? Money is funny. The abundance of it, the lack of it, the subject of cash in general gets attention. While some invoke their choice not to post their online income nor discuss it at all, I've always been of the Suze Orman mindset ever since I read her first book. Suze encourages people to talk ab

Digg.com's Autobury Secret Blacklist...Are you still being banned by automatic burying?

UPDATE: PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO DIGG THIS STORY AND TELL DIGG TO PLAY FAIR... by Paula Neal Mooney Many of us know the power of Digg.com, dreamed up by Kevin Rose, who touted it as a "user driven" site that says it allows the general public to determine the stories they want to see make it to the front page by voting for interesting articles they find across the web. The more votes the public gives an article, the better chance it should have to make it to the front page. Theoretically... The power of Digg's front page Digg.com -- according to Alexa -- is now more popular than The New York Times. Getting one of your articles or blog posts to the front page of Digg.com will get your website seen by plenty of eyes. John Chow experienced a one-day traffic record of 55,856 page views when one of his posts hit the front page of Digg. Digg Bans Domains...then Supposedly Unbans Them One day, Digg banned me -- I'm still not clear why. I found out they banned a whole bun