Skip to main content

I don't like the feeling in my gut...

I don't like the feeling in my gut... by Paula Neal Mooney

Last night I went to bed thinking about Rev. Pat Robertson's predictions of an upcoming attack on the US. Rev. Robertson said that God told him the attack will result in "mass killings" and direly affect millions of folks.

This morning I woke up with Rev. Pat Robertson's words on my mind and in my soul. This is not good...I thought.

You see, I lean heavily on the Lord and Holy Spirit to tell me what to write each day. I don't like that Rev. Pat Robertson's words are still with me this morning. I don't like that I can't dismiss and mock Robertson's words as easily as some (not all) of the folks below have, a small portion of the bloggers who've pounced (except dennyrburk) and called Rev. Pat Robertson everything from a liar to a loon.

For once in my life I'm hoping all the atheists, agnostics and "science is God" folks who so suredly declare that Rev. Pat Robertson isn't hearing from God are correct in that regard alone. But I keep asking myself: What if Robertson's right this time? What if Robertson's right?

Maybe it's the fact that Keith Ellison will swear in on a Koran tomorrow that's got me feeling this way. Maybe it's the way most Christians go silent whenever Rev. Pat Robertson speaks, or side with the unbelievers like the folks in the prophet Jeremiah's day no doubt did. Most likely it's the sin in my own soul that I know God will someday answer...

Right or wrong, disdain for Rev. Pat Robertson always amazes me:

Pat Robertson on The Huffington Post - Pat Robertson on The Huffington Post

Pat Robertson: “The Lord didn’t say nuclear”
12 hours ago by Dr. Steven Taylor I’ve said it before, and I will say it again: Pat Robertson is an embarrassment . Whether it is in his stating that Ariel Sharon’s stroke was God’s punishment for dividing the lands of Israel, or calling for the assassination of Hugo ...

Move over, Pat Robertson
1 hour ago Yesterday I wrote about Pat Robertson's prediction that there would be a massive terrorist attack on the US in 2007. But now it looks like Pat's got some competition in the "making stuff up" department: a Mexican warlock has announced...

Pat Robertson and the Gift of Prophecy
17 hours ago by dennyrburk On Tuesday, Pat Robertson prophesied that late in 2007 there would be a terrorist attack on the US that would result in a “mass killing” that could affect millions of Americans (article, video). I don’t think that you have to believe in ...

Pat Robertson: God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007 by CNN.com2 hours ago Evangelist Pat Robertson predicts 2007 terror attack • "700 Club" host says US will experience "mass killing" • Robertson claims God spoke to him VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) -- Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that ...

God Has Talked To Pat Robertson Again!
1 hour ago by Allan One of my favorite topics is Pat Robertson, (Since we don't have Jim Baker to kick around anymore!) and Joe puts it all into perspective............. by Joe Gandelman He has gotten another message from Him again...


Pat Robertson is Hearing Voices Again
10 hours ago by Dana Garrett Pat Robertson, founder and master of the 700 club, is hearing voices again. Once more the voice claims to be the God of evangelical Christianity and, per usual, the voice is predicting Pat Robertson’s favorite themes: cataclysms...

Pat Robertson: We're As Good As Dead
17 hours ago by Max Cook According to the almighty prophet Pat Robertson, many of us who live in major US cities are about to be snuffed out. His prediction, or rather, "message from God", states that there will be a "mass killing" in late 2007.

Media Outrage Over Pat Robertson's Latest Comments: His Recent ...
6 hours ago by Althor Now, I'm no particular fan of Pat Robertson, and personally consider him part Evangelist / part Snake Oil Salesman, but I have to admit that his views are not as far off-the-wall, on the right, as are those of most of the rabid...

So there you have a sampling of the bile being spewed against Rev. Pat Robertson, whom I hope inspires the saints to take up a national fasting and prayer campaign. Because all that's ringing in my soul are the might Words from a God Who has proved His might to people who've scoffed Him in the past:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Paula Mooney's Musings

Bookmark http://www.paulamooney.blogspot.com/ or

Add me to Technorati FavoritesPlease, please, please Add me to your Technorati favorites...or...

Click this My AOL button and add me to your My AOL page to scan my new headlines each morning...

Tags:
,,,,,,,,,,

Comments

kystorms said…
wow, you have really gotten my attention with this post, thank you. I usually pay more attention to what I call my church everyday, but today my cable was not working so well. I will pray hard for this not to happen, for God to remember his people and have mercy. That I might have to go through 9/11 one more time, this time with two sons in the service of this country scares me. Thank you for posting this. And like you, I have a tummy that leads me a bit, always has. And now mine is doing back flips :-(

Popular posts from this blog

Paula's List of Blogger Salaries...Are you on the list?

Update: For those who continue to enjoy this post, check out my website about 50 real online people making more than $50k per year , and my page where I update my online salary . UPDATE: Before you read any further or especially link to this old list, please check out "Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007" by clicking here! ~ Thanks, PAULA NEAL MOONEY by Paula Neal Mooney One of my favorite features in Parade magazine is the issue where they grab a random sampling of people and report their incomes -- from the millionaires to the working poor. Since I'm fascinated with how much money bloggers and webmasters are making nowadays, I've created a similar list -- a random sampling of people making money on the net. Who's on Paula's List of Blogger and Webmaster Salaries? I spent hours and hours scouring the internet for the last-reporte

Paula's New List of Blogger Salaries (and Webmasters, Affiliate Marketers, Content Scrapers, Domainers and any other title you can think of) June 2007

FIND OUT HOW MUCH BLOGGERS REALLY MAKE ONLINE -- CHECK OUT THIS NEW WEBSITE ABOUT MONEY-MAKING ONLINE CALLED 50 OVER $50K... by Paula Neal Mooney The time has come. The time is now. Paula N. Mooney will you please publish that list now?! (Yes, I fancy Dr. Seuss' iambic pentameter.) My WebMaster blest me with a viral post called "Paula's List of Blogger Salaries," and the response was so wonderful, here lies an update. It's bigger and better than ever before with more pics, and double the amount of bloggers, webmasters, domainers, affiliate marketers (or a smidgen of some or all of those titles) and their reported incomes. How Much Do You Make? Money is funny. The abundance of it, the lack of it, the subject of cash in general gets attention. While some invoke their choice not to post their online income nor discuss it at all, I've always been of the Suze Orman mindset ever since I read her first book. Suze encourages people to talk ab

Digg.com's Autobury Secret Blacklist...Are you still being banned by automatic burying?

UPDATE: PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO DIGG THIS STORY AND TELL DIGG TO PLAY FAIR... by Paula Neal Mooney Many of us know the power of Digg.com, dreamed up by Kevin Rose, who touted it as a "user driven" site that says it allows the general public to determine the stories they want to see make it to the front page by voting for interesting articles they find across the web. The more votes the public gives an article, the better chance it should have to make it to the front page. Theoretically... The power of Digg's front page Digg.com -- according to Alexa -- is now more popular than The New York Times. Getting one of your articles or blog posts to the front page of Digg.com will get your website seen by plenty of eyes. John Chow experienced a one-day traffic record of 55,856 page views when one of his posts hit the front page of Digg. Digg Bans Domains...then Supposedly Unbans Them One day, Digg banned me -- I'm still not clear why. I found out they banned a whole bun